Saturday, October 8, 2011

A Christmas Carol


I played with my new A Muse Studio stuff today.  Or rather I should say I played with part of it as ever since I started stamping with the "A Christmas Carol" set I have been hooked on it.  I made these cards and have several more designs in mind.  If you want this set for your very own, you can buy it off my website (link to the right, or click Poppy's picture, she'll take you there too).  Hint: it is in the holiday catalog.  There are other stamps in this set too, but I haven't gotten around to play with them yet.  Stay tuned.....

This first card has faux buttons on it.  Faux buttons are made with paper and are lighter and less bulky than real buttons.  I can't decide if it is too busy with its striped background and batch of buttons, but here it is.  The edges of the oval are distressed, which isn't that easy to tell in the scan.


These two cards are just more examples of my playing with the caroling kids.  I rather like the brown one for its non-traditional Christmas colors (although brown is gaining popularity for holiday cards).


For this card I was going to be brave and not use patterned paper, but I couldn't do it.  There was just too much white for me to like it.  The lacey oval looked lost on all that white.  Besides, I have way too much patterned paper to start doing crazy things like that!


The Fine Print: all stamps by A Muse Studio "A Christmas Carol" set, all ink Momento, all coloring with Copic Markers; Card 1 oval punch by Marvy, patterned paper by Basic Grey; Card 2 oval and scalloped oval by Marvy,scollop edge by Fiskars, patterned paper by DCWV, bottom green stripe is Washi tape by A Muse Studio; Card 3 square and eyelet square by Spellbinders, corner round by EK Success, patterned paper by DCWV, scrap ribbon; Card 4: oval and lacey oval by Spellbinders, patterned paper by DCWV, 1/4" polka dot ribbon by A Muse Studio

No comments: