Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Lessons from Kindergarten

There are two types of people I’ve always felt sorry for.  One is people who don’t like pets.  I understand that not everyone can have a pet.  Sometimes there are things that get in the way of having a pet such as finances, jobs, housing, allergies, etc.  But people who don’t want and don’t understand why anyone would want a companion animal must just be sad people. I mean there is nothing more fulfilling than stepping on a cold hairball with your bare feet at 3 in the morning.

The other type of person I feel sorry for is people without hobbies.  What on earth do they do with their spare time?  Watch TV?  Hang out at WalMart? Stare at their toes in fascination?  What sad little lives they must lead, never mind that bit about idle hands being the devil’s tool.

My hobby dates way back, probably even before kindergarten.  Let me tell you, I find nothing more fun than playing with colors, paper, scissors and paste.  I am enjoying doing this blog, which motivates me to make more creations to share.  Today’s creation is another Halloween card.  The scan doesn’t show the glitter well, but the zig zag line is a deep blue glitter paper and the owl’s cape and hat and colored over with a glitter pen.

Now if I could just find a way to bring back another kindergarten favorite: nap time!

 
The Fine Print: Owl Stamp from AMuse Artstamps, greeting  from A Muse Studio, circle and scallop circle punches by Marvy, zig zag punch by EK Success, papers by DCWV, stamped in Memento and colored with Copics.

1 comment:

Sheela Will said...

LOL! The bit about stepping on the cold hairball with bare feet -- yup! Been there, done that! I thought you were going to say something about being greeted at the door after a long day by happy wagging tails, or how a pet curls up next to you on a cold night, or snuggles in so sweetly on the couch. But, NO! Great card -- love the zig-zag!