Saturday, December 17, 2011

A Peaceful Challenge: OLW-73

One Layer Wednesday #73, which is an odd number for those of you not at peace with that, is to make a card that says peace in some way...  someting relaxing, tranquil, harmonious.  The card has to be one-layer and we are to keep embellishments to a minimum.

You can check out the one-layer challenge HERE and see all the cards. I was struck by Susan's card because it did not involve The Holiday That Shall Not Be Named, which to me is not peaceful at all, but may be where many other's thoughts go for this challenge.

A holiday card did not come to my mind for this challenge.  This card did:
To me, there is nothing more peaceful than a napping kitty all curled up.  Well, okay maybe getting a massage by one of those Chinese foot reflexology guys is more relaxing, but I don't have a stamp of that!  I wasn't sure if I liked the delicate coloring of that first card.  It was a bit too subtle for me, so I tried again making the cat a slightly darker gray.
The Fine Print: Peace by Stampendous (part of a larger stamp), dashed line by A Muse Studio, and cat dozer by Art Gone Wild.

1 comment:

Susan Raihala said...

I totally agree...sleeping kitties are incredibly peaceful, and your cards are wonderful and completely perfect for this challenge!