Sunday, January 1, 2012

A New Day in the New Year


I'm not going to tell you to have a happy new year.  You can do whatever you want with the new year.  Just remember, it may be our last year if you put any faith in those Mayans. Personally I think they did it just to mess with us.

Here's a non-alcoholic new year's card I made for a friend.  I know she, like me, was tucked safely into bed by the time midnight rolled around and her body was alcohol-free.  I don't quite get why folks want to start the new year with a hangover.  Hangovers make you do weird things...  like eat menudo.   *shudder*

I'm not into new year's resolutions either.  I figure if you want to do something, you should just do it.  There is no need to wait for an artificial start like a date change.


That said, while I was making my holiday cards I did set some crafting goals for myself.  They are to use up the adhesives I have in my stash.  I have my favorites, as all crafters do, and I use and buy those over and over, ignoring all the other ones I have amassed.  Time to put those to use.  Who knows?  Maybe I'll find a new favorite!  I also want to try to remember to use stickers more.  I have quite a collect of those too.  Those are some modest goals and I have already worked on them.


From the inside of the card

For those of you who want and expect new things in your new year, stay tuned!  Tomorrow A Muse Studio announces their new spotlight items at 10% plus a fun new paper pack.  There's a new catalog in the works too....  I'm all a'twitter with excitement.


The Fine Print: skating squirrels and row of trees by A Muse Artstamps, snowflakes from the Snow Crystals set by A Muse Studio; celebrating boy and party dog by MAMBI, greeting by A Muse Artstamps scallop rectangle punches by Marvy, scallop border by Fiskars.  Adhesive used: double stick tape, from the adhesive stash.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, Judy! What darling cards!