Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Coffee, Tea, or Valium-laced Diet Pepsi?

How come stewards and stewardesses don't offer useful refreshments like that?  Or maybe they do, not being one to travel places I can't say I've been on a plane in this decade.
Here's my latest creation made for a coffee or tea swap.  Since I'm not a coffee or tea person (so boring, I know!) I had to poke around to see some other versions of this stamp in use to determine if there should be some sort of frothy topping on this cup or not.  My plan had been just to have the cup and saying on a layered rectangular piece but then I let the latest A Muse Studio catalog and inspiration guide inspired me to put it on a tag instead. Since the ribbon was so wide I opted to not put a knot it in, but to tack it down with a glue.  I really like how this card came out.

The Fine Print: Stamps by A Muse Studio "The Perfect Blend" set, scallop border and round tag die, green cs layer and ribbon "Rialto" by A Muse Studio, and patterned paper by DCWV "Tradewinds."

7 comments:

Squirrel x said...

Being a coffee addict, I adore this card hun - the sentiment really made me smile. Lush ribbon! Hugs Sxx

505whimsygirl said...

Princess Judy,

I drink both coffee and tea, but usually decaffinated whenever I can. Your card is too cute! Nic coloring.

Hugs,
Kay

Carol L said...

I'm a coffee drinker, but I love your card even if you're not a coffee addict like me :) I like the round top on the tag and the pretty background design!

jenny said...

Wonderful card Judy....I'm not a coffee drinker myself, I love tea :) The sentiment is just perfect for the occasion!!

Jenny xx

Di said...

Brilliant Judy - I'll drink anything, so long as it's wett. Err, perhaps not valium laced diet Pepsi though. Love those colours and the ribbon works perfectly too! Di xx

Di said...

Wett? I meant wet of course, what the heck - pass the Pepsi after all!

Stamping Susi said...

This one is for me, I love coffee, tea and your card :-) The cup is cute, but the coloring and matching papers makes it noble - what a great combo!