Saturday, March 17, 2012

It's All About Green

I remember as a kid I hated St. Patrick's Day because if you didn't wear green the other kids would come around and pinch you, repeatedly. Of course, being a kid I had far more important things to remember than what date it was so it was only pure luck if I had green on that day.

Luckily, somewhere along the line that pinching stuff fell out of favor.  Perhaps after a few drunken brawls where bones were broken and teeth were lost it was decided that it was better to keep your pinchy fingers to yourself. Anyway, here it is St. Patrick's Day and apparently that even as an adult I have far more important things to remember than the date because it came as a surprise to me.  Little things did clue me in though, like the amount of people wearing green; green Marti Gras beads everywhere; shamrock pins, broaches, hairbands, and light-up flashing glasses; and corned beef tacos on the menu.

And no, you can't pinch me. I'm wearing green.  Green, in the form of guacamole I dumped down the front of my pink shirt, but green nonetheless.

True I didn't remember the date, but I did remember that today is when the Rubber Stamp and Scrapbook Expo comes to town and that's way more important to me than pinching people, wearing green, pretending I'm Irish when I'm not, drinking green beer, and eating corned beef.  I think I have my priorities right.  I made this card at a make and take there:
The Fine Print: Top Card stamp by Rubber Soul, Top Knot die by Stampin' Up, flowers by Prima, paper and ribbon by unknown.  Bottom card as far as I know all supplies by Stamping Fun Journey (stamps, paper, inks, glitter, paper, twine), colored with Zig markers.

2 comments:

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Princess Judy,

Mom would always fix corned beef and cabbage and I love it -- don't know why I didn't fix any for myself. Oh well. I forgot to wear green yesterday and actually got pinched - by a seven year old!

Have a great rest of the weekend.
Hugs,
Kay

Princess Judy Palmer said...

See! Pinched by a 7-year old! I'm telling ya, those little kids are vicious!