Friday, April 27, 2012

Butterfly Paper Bag Book

Today I have the photos of the paper bag book I made recently.  So this post will be heavy on pictures and light on words.  I know you've all been dying for me to shut up anyway!

My paper bag book was made with two white paper bags folded in half and stapled together. The are slightly larger than lunch sacks. I bought them somewhere off the web a long, long time ago.  Here is the front cover, which has been seen in a blog post before, but this is the final version with a different ribbon and some added cut out flowers.
Here are the first two pages, which I also think were on a blog post, but I think only one side was done at the time. I had a hard time trying to transition from the bright pinks of the first page and was pleased with what I came up with.
These are the two tags that are in the open end of one of paper bags. If you were flipping through the book page by page, this is what you would encounter next.  The one side reads "dreams in flight" and the other side "There is nothing in a caterpillar that tells you it's going to be a butterfly."
Here are the next two pages.  The left side was also shown on a previous blog post. This is where I became bogged down on the book and didn't know what to do next.  I finally pulled out another book I made for inspiration. In that book, almost every page has a pocket and tag in it.  Both tags slip in sideways under the decorative border.
Next up are the tags in the opening of the second paper bag.
Here is the final page spread.
And the back cover.
The Fine Print: I forgot to note credits, so many of these "unknowns" will get filled in later, check back if you are curious. All papers except back cover by DCWV "Spring Fling." Cover Credits-border and medallion punches by EK Success, rub on letters unknown, butterfly topper from a brick of toppers (no idea who made it but it was called The Brick), bottle cap insert by unknown, ribbon from DeNami Desigsn. First Page Spread Credits-large butterfly from Spellbinders, scroll work from Memory Box, Tranquility by Komodo, Inc., dream by unknown, other two words The Angel Company, butterfly toppers from The Brick. First two tags-butterfly punch by Martha Stewart, caterpillar saying by unknown, butterfly and caterpillar stamps by (I forgot!). Middle page spread-tag corner punch by Fiskars, blue tag greeting by Stampin' Up, border punch by EK Success, pink tag greeting unknown. The random butterflies are cut out of DCWV paper. Next set of tags-butterfly backer and ornate butterfly front by Cheery Lynn, all greetings by Club Scrap, medium butterfly EK Success, small butterfly Martha Stewart, butterfly ribbon Michael's dollar bin. Last page spread-butterfly sticker from unknown, border punch by Martha Stewart, Just Be spelled out with an Impression Obsession alphabet set, if nothing changed greeting by Club Scrap, pop up butterfly punch by Martha Stewart. Back Cover-butterfly topper and paper unknown.

1 comment:

SandeeNC said...

So very pretty, you did an excellent job on them! I think you transistioned the pages very well too! AND I NEVER want you to shut up, you always bring a smile to my face!! waving hi from the bird chirping hills of North Carolina :)