Monday, April 9, 2012

Not A Card

This post does not contain a card.  I'm warning ya!   The latest challenge on the A Muse Studio Challenge Blog  is to create something that is not a card.  I make cards.  I don't make other things, but I guess sometimes it is good to get out of the box (but I am crate trained).

I decided to make a gift card holder where the gift card sort of pops up when you open it.  I just saw this very thing in action the other evening when visiting with my crafty friends.  I didn't have a pattern so I just pulled out a gift card and some scrap paper and figured it out on my own.  Then I made this one:
Closed

Lifting up the front cover
Pulling down the next flap, there's the gift card-movie anyone?

Side view so you can see the pop-up effect
The fine print: everything by A Muse Studio. Plain cardstock-sugar, papaya, grass.  Gingham carstock-grass and sky.  Stamps from "Birthday Greetings" and "Owl's Well" sets. Embellishments-scallop border die and onyx brads.

3 comments:

505whimsygirl said...

Hello Princess Judy,

Nice gift card -- erh, I mean, it's not a card, really...... Glad to hear you're crate trained; if only I were....

Hugs,
Kay

Sarn said...

SOOOPER! x

Angela K said...

Great project, thanks for playing along with the challenge this week!!