Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Busy Patterns



I made this butterfly card after I saw one very similar on the A Muse Studio website.  I thought it was so striking that I had to try it out.  I really like the strip of patterned paper.  The color (Bellini) and pattern (Venetian) can be a bit overwhelming in large doses, so I have to learn to use small bits of it..  I liked this card so much that I put together a kit of it so my stamping pals can make one too when we meet tomorrow night.
This is another card with very busy background paper. I just love it though, but I haven't been overly pleased with what I've made with it so far. Originally the patterned piece covered the whole front of the card but that was way too much.  Sometimes less is more.

That's what I have to share today.  Maybe I'll play with some more busy patterned paper next.  Or finish my March Club Scrap kit, or start my April kit, or use my new Simon Says Stamp kit, or maybe I'll make an Iris fold card! The possibilities are endless.  But maybe I'll be lazy instead.  You never can tell.

The Fine Print: 1st card-all products by A Muse Studio; cardstock-sugar, French Roast, Bellini solid, Bellini Venetian patterned; Bellini silk ribbon, stamps from "Papillion" set, colored with Copics. 2nd card-case base and yellow scrap by unknown; green, orange CS and patterned paper by DCWV; large scallop die by A Muse Studio; miscellaneous buttons, stamps by DeNami Designs.


1 comment:

Paulina said...

Judy, your DeNami card is adorable! I love the addition you did with the scallops and buttons at the bottom- it looks terrific!

I'm thinking....since you have pulled out your DeNami....you should join us for the new challenge that starts on Monday. :)

Thanks for sharing your fun cards!