Monday, June 25, 2012

Summer Fun

Of course, here in Southern Arizona 'summer fun' is a misnomer.  There ain't much fun about summer. It gets brutally hot and sticky and unless you are a giant corporation sticking it to The Man you can't afford air conditioning in decent amounts (or if you don't have a craft hobby to support).  But, since there are only 6 people left in town here, I can only assume that everyone else is out having lots of fun this summer.

One thing people do that is fun is go to the beach.  Doesn't that sound like fun?  Blindingly beautiful water lapping quietly, sand between your toes and in your shorts, the sun frying warming your skin... heaven.
Why am I blathering on about summer fun you ask? Well, because it is time for the A Muse Studio challenge and the theme is summer fun.  You don't have to use A Muse Studio stamps to join the challenge, but it increases your chances to win a fabulous prize. So make a card showing off your idea of summer fun and join in today!

The Fine Print: All products by A Muse Studio except for the deckle edged scissors by Fiskars. Stamps from the "Life's a Breeze" set, dies used "cloud duo" and "scallop borders (3)," papers used toffee, ocean, bubblegum, sugar, and winter sky (which isn't very summery, but a give a girl a break, would ya?!).

5 comments:

Di said...

Brilliant card Judy - perfect description of the joys of the beach too :) Di xx

Mary Jo said...

Such a great card!!! :)

505whimsygirl said...

Yep, I'd love to go to the beach - but would need a big umbrella! And my, those chicken salad sandwiches would be the PERFECT picnic snack!

That was the first time I made chicken salad - and I loved it. I'm going to be making this a lot during the summer. But I might just buy the cooked chicken at the grocery store so I won't heat up the house with the oven. Try it - you'll like it! I promise.....

Hugs,
Kay

Wishcraft said...

Love your beach scene Judy, looks fab :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Sandy said...

Love those die cut clouds must put them on my wish list. Darn that's growing more everyday. We are in the
middle of a cold snap here so bit chilly. So nice to see summery cards. Sandy :)