Saturday, August 4, 2012

A Day.

Today was a day, not a good day and not a bad day.  It was just a day.  Have you ever seen the "smiley face" with the straight line smile and the greeting "Have a day."  Yeah, that was today.

First, time to make some one's day a good day.  It is time to pick the winner for the ribbon and washi tape I was giving away in my embellishments post.  The winner is...... May from May's Happy Daze.  Woo hoo!  May says she like ribbons and flowers the best for embellishments, romantic candlelight dinners, long walks in the rain, and she's a Pisces.  Wait, I could maybe be making some of that up.

What else I made up today are cards 'n things. I went to a Stampin' Up Open House where the focus was the SU holiday mini catalog and of course is chock full of things everyone must have.  Here's a mini treat bag, with a mummy tag, and dark chocolate M&Ms. I love the one little gogglie eyeball peeking out!
Here is a 3x3 mini card with matching envelope I made as well.  There is harvest themed stamp set with matching dies to cut the parts out with.  I must say I was rather impressed with this and ordered a set and the coordinating paper.
Previously I had bought myself one of those flip flop card making dies from Sizzix.  I didn't have proper crease pad to get the die to work right so I had to order one before I could use it.  It came last night!  The card is flat and you pull the two edges away from each other to open it and a section in the middle twists (flip flops) around.  Maybe describing things isn't the best thing so how about some pictures?
The card closed
The 'flip flop' part in action
The card fully open
The Fine Print: Nope, not getting any kick backs from the Stampin' Up lady for showing off her wares.  Mummy candy bag parts and stamps from the Ghoulish Googlies bundle. Pear mini card stamps and dies from the Perfectly Preserved bundles, papers from the Orchard Harvest Designer Series (such fancy names) all by Stampin' Up.  School flip flop card stamps by a combination of A Muse Studio (cling) and A Muse Artstamps (a retired clear set), papers by DCWV, border by a|s as well, round dies by Spellbinders.

5 comments:

VonnyK said...

Lovin the little guy on the treat bag, he's so cute. The contents have my complete attention too :)
Your cards are fabulous, it takes all I have just to cut one straight!!
Hope your weekend gets better and there is a huge smile on that smiley face now.
Von

Julia Dunnit said...

Im always the one who orders the stamps and thinks she wont need the dies...till it's too late of coirse. bery glad to see you've learned the lesson, and what a great looking set.
Julia, under the sign of Cancer.

Lisa-Jane said...

LOL! Love that little Mummy guy with the goggly eye!

505whimsygirl said...

Princess Judy,

Oh, I know those type of days - all too well lately. Hope your days improve!!

The mummy dude it just too cute. And that card - holy moly! Now that's impressive.

Hugs,
Kay

May said...

WHOOP, WHOOP, I won your candy...Thank you! was it that wee Poppy that picked my name out tee-hee..
Love that Mummy soooo cute... Fabulous makes.. Hugs May x x x