Thursday, August 30, 2012

The Club Scrap Blues

Last night I decided to pull out one of my Club Scrap kits and play with it.  I have quite a collection of them stacked up. Some are unused as of yet and others have been partially used.  I don't usually break up the kit until I've feel I've had my fill of it as is.

I took a 3-month hiatus from receiving Club Scrap kits because I wasn't sure I wanted to keep receiving them. Like I mentioned I have a bunch of them stacked up already. Plus several kits in a row came with really dull, morose colors. They were not inspiring to me at all. They looked great when I first got the kit but once I started playing with them they brought me down, snuffed out the sunshine, harshed my high, whatever you want to call it. I guess I want my colors brighter and peppier, which is funny when you think that my favorite colors are earth tones.

Maybe I was just cranky over their colors because I was a bit distressed over their stamp collections.  I am actually a Club Stamp member and you get a sheet of unmounted stamps that correspond with your monthly kit.  Every month used to have some image stamps along with a selection of greetings in different fonts.  The greetings were everyday sayings like "happy birthday," "with sympathy," or "thinking of you." They were different variations of these sayings and since they are frequently used sayings, I was happy with the variety.  Now they tend to send weird quotes that I find a struggle to incorporate into an every day card. Plus they made the sayings and the image stamps in general larger and longer.  They don't work well for A2 cards at all.  They are really geared more for scrap booking. If I wanted scrap booking stuff, I'd join Club Scrap.

Anyway, my hiatus ends soon and I'll be receiving the September kit. Despite everything I've said here I am kind of looking forward to it again.  I have not yet seen the sneak peaks but I am hopeful, so we'll see. And btw, the orange in these cards is really more of a peach. Just don't tell my camera that!

The Fine Print: Eyelets by Stampin' Up, flower by Prima, corner punch by Marvy, all the other stuff by Club Scrap "Navajo" kit.

2 comments:

Craftychris said...

I hope you enjoy your kit when it comes. I really like the three cards - the colours are lovely. The Happy Birthday one is my favourite xx

505whimsygirl said...

Princess Judy,

You are funny. Bet you haven't heard that before.... I've never belonged to any kit clubs just because I'm afraid I'd pile them up and not use them. So I hear ya on that one.

The cards here though are nice so I say get out those kits and have some fun!

Is Monday a holiday for you? I'm looking forward to having three days off - woo hoo.

Hugs,
Kay