Saturday, September 29, 2012

Autumn on an Angle

A few days ago I showed off a card a friend sent me that was based on a sketch swap I am in.  I sat down today to make my card.  I wanted to use glitter paper for the center portion that sits at an angle.  I sat down and measured it all out correctly.  Since I was marking up the backside of the paper I then realized I should reverse the angle so it would lay the correct direction on my finished card.
As you see, that didn't work because I out-witted myself.  I had already planned for that when I started measuring so when I reversed it I made it backwards.  Well, that is okay because I can use the card for something else.  Now that I had the angle wrong I could do whatever I wanted to the card so I decorated the angle piece and put the something extra down in the lower left corner.  Then I went and made a card following the sketch correctly.

The Fine Print: Papers by DCWV, card bases from my stash, harvest stickers (top card) by Creatology, harvest bunch (bottom card) from my snippet box-someone sent that to me, stamp by A Muse Studio.

1 comment:

Krisha said...

PJ these are so pretty. I like the angle on both of them. I'm not ususally that lucky, I usually make the mistake on the LAST piece of what I want to use. LOL
Hugs
Krisha