Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Making Spirits Bright

I was asked to come up with some card ideas for the A Muse Studio Making Spirits Bright set since apparently I'm not the only one who is struggling to make cards this year.  Well, right off the bat I had an idea:
Okay, I confess, it wasn't my idea but I did have the card to share.  We made this beaut of a card at the workshop I went to this past Saturday.  This card is larger than an A2 card; the front measures 5" x 6".  I think this is a sweet idea for using up those spare scraps of paper.  Also kraft is a cool holiday color.
This is the card I made. My original plan was to use all A Muse products on the card but then I decided that the background had to be embossed.  I don't have any of the a|s embossing plates so I substituted for a Cuttlebug one.  I rather like how it came out.

The Fine Print: The best way to make your spirits bright is to add spirits, the alcoholic kind not the otherworldly kind.  Santa stamp, candy cane striped paper, and red ribbon by A Muse Studio.  Embossing folder by Provo Craft/Cuttlebug, colored with Copics.  I suspect the gray ribbon is Stampin' Up seam binding ribbon but I'm not totally sure.

2 comments:

fairy thoughts said...

hi Princess
one stamp such contrasting cards... great stuff. I think I should try increasing my spirits too!
janet #26 WOYWW

Craftychris said...

Both cards are fab, I am making Christmas cards later myself and you have inspired me! xx