Sunday, March 17, 2013

My A Musing Weekend

Here's a card I made last night while trapped on the phone.  I mean while having a long and lovely phone conversation.  Mostly I was too tried to hold up my end of the conversation and it doesn't matter how hard I nod my head, the person on the other end never sees it.
I like to have things to putter with while on the phone and cutting out each and every one of the lumps on the marigold fits that bill.  I also used some more of that shimmer paper in an effort to learn to like it.
Here's a photo of my booth from the stamp and scrap expo. I had lots of sample cards on display for people to ogle and a couple of make and takes.  It was a fun time but it sure did wear me out!  Thank goodness I had an excellent helper.  My hubby volunteered to help me out.  He says I should mention his most helpful sentences this week.  They are: "You are over thinking it."   "Do you want help?"   "We should close up shop so you can play."  He got to be very good at teaching the ladies how to make our make and take cards.  I'd better watch it or next thing you know he'll want to start stamping.  He did say he'd like to know how to color like Terry Medaris. 

The Fine Print: Card info--stamps used-Marvelous Marigolds set; cardstock used-grass shimmer, sugar, and buttercup; ink used-Memento black; other-lime green sparkle stickers (AKA bling).  Does anyone recognize the booth behind me peeking out from between my two displays boards?  A prize to the person who guesses correctly and was not at the Expo.

2 comments:

Squirrel x said...

Your flower card is fab hun, well worth being trapped on the phone for. And what a helpful hubby .... a rarity indeed. Hugs Sxx

Julia Dunnit said...

Im the same, i love to chat, but i need to do something..more often than not i tidy my desk.....ormre-stack all the crap that other people leave on the coffee table! Your booth looks great, i'm led to believe that in this female dominated market, having a bloke wround to help is a distinct sales aid. And bless him for helping, mine would rather stick pins in his eyes!!