Monday, September 23, 2013

Birds of a Feather

Birds of a feather is the latest challenge at the A Muse Studio challenge blog hosted by Linda Suarez.  Feathers are very on trend right now so what a timely challenge.  For the next two weeks you'll have the opportunity to make a card or a tag with a bird or a feather (or both, you crazy person, you!) and join in our challenge.
Once I heard the challenge theme this is roughly the first card that popped into my mind.  However, it didn't come out like I envisioned it.  In fact, I'm not totally in love with it.  I think the problem is the bird is so realistic while the sentiment is sort of silly.  I just love that bird though.  And no, he doesn't have a matching die.  I'm a fussy cutting queen!  Er... um... princess.
This is the second card I came up with.  I wanted to do a scene that had birds flying in the sky.  Originally I wanted to do a more elaborate scene, but I spent all my time fiddling around with that first card.  I like how this came out though. 
 
Enough inspiration for now, run a pick up a bird stamp or a feather stamp, or one of each in each hand and join us in our latest challenge.  Remember that you don't have to use A Muse Studio stamps to play! 
 
The Fine Print: All products by A Muse Studio.  Top Card: Stamp sets used--All for Love, I was Here, and Love Machines, cardstock used--Bermuda, cherry, Bermuda petite pinstripe, and sugar, inks used--cherry and tuxedo black by Memento, other supplies--corner chomper, eucalyptus sheer ribbon and Copic markers.  Bottom Card: Stamp sets used--Toil and Trouble and Clever Girls, cardstock used--cherry petite polka dot, onyx, and sugar, inks used--sky and black by Memento, other supplies--vintages labels one die, cherry pearls, and Copic markers.


1 comment:

Hettie said...

Two great cards here Princess Judy. I love the sentiment on the second one.
Hugs
xx