Friday, March 14, 2014

Lost and Found Mice

For those of you wondering how my coloring in odd light turned out, this post give you the answer! 
This week the House Mouse and Friends folks have a challenge called "lost and found."  They want you to use your HM and Friends stamps to depict something you've found, something you've lost, or something that could be lost.  Um..... what?

I mean, I could lose anything and everything at any given time and probably have.  Then I realized that the House Mouses most likely aren't nearly as scattered brained as me and don't lose things as easily.
Here are my House Mice and they can't find the darn lighter to light the candles, probably they lent it to me.  Anyway, they have come up with an ingenious solution. I'm impressed that the one mouse can not only breathe fire, but can breathe glittery fire.  That, my friends, is talent!
 
The Fine Print: My stamp is an older one from back in the Stampa Rosa days and called "Jalepino Peppers," colored with Copics in wonky light, designer paper by Fancy Pants, corner punch by EK Success, flower and brad from my stash and orange and yellow glitter by Stickles.

19 comments:

jimlynn said...

Your whole card says "talent"! VERY cute and love that little corner piece you added. Great coloring!
Lynn

Cherie said...

Great interpretation of the challenge! Sometimes I feel like I could breathe fire after eating something spicy like those peppers. The coloring looks great from here.

Craftychris said...

So cute and I love the sparkly fire! xx

505whimsygirl said...

Hello Princess Judy,

This card is adorable!! I'll have to remember this to light my own candles as I always have some kind of chili in the house!!

Hugs,
Kay

Patricia said...

You!! Scatter Brained I don't think so when you can create such a great card. Beautiful colouring and design

Patricia xx

Sue said...

Love house mouse! and this is gorgeous Judy huggles Sue xx

chrissy xx said...

Oh My! This is sooo cute! GOrgeous colours and design..I LOve your glittery fire! Thank you so much for joining us at House Mouse & Friends.
GDT Chrissyxx

Donna Hanley said...

You should really think about returning their lighter to them. LOL. I love this card. The image is darling and I love your corner treatment with the flower. Your cut corners are equally as nice giving the card a different look. Thanks so much for playing along with us here at House Mouse & Friends this week. Enjoy your weekend.

Carol L said...

That truly is one talented little mouse! Blowing glittered fire is quite a stunt! Great coloring and I love the corner accent!

Irish Cherokee said...

That mouse and yours truly must have had the same thing for lunch. Must have been bonnet peppers. House mouse is one of my fav's. Beautiful coloring Judy. Did he manage to light the candle?

Krisha said...

I think I have eaten peppers from that same jar at times!

Better out the top than out the bottom!!! LOL

Sue said...

Judy, you're a hoot! Color work is gorgeous, including that glittered flame! I love how you interpreted the challenge too. Thanks for joining us for the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.

Hugs
Sue

America said...

Gorgeous work and fabulous colors. Adorable take on the Lost and Found theme. Thanks so much for joining us at House-Mouse & Friends Monday Challenge Blog. Good Luck to you. Hope you'll join the fun again next time. :)

Words and Pictures said...

Hmm... well, I spent half of today sealing food in boxes away from a House Mouse, so personally I think they deserve all the chilli breath they get!
Alison x

Bonnie said...

Glittery fire. Very clever, PJ! And the colors look great! Maybe the restaurant has changed the lighting!

Heather said...

Judy I'm permanently lost something - starting with my brain I think!!!
Your card is gorgeous, lovely design and colour scheme with a beautifully coloured image!!!

Thanks so much for joining House Mouse & Friends Challenge
hugs
Heather xx

Christine said...

Fab take on the chall theme..love those pretty corner details & colours..cute image so colourful lovely work.

Thanks for sharing with us at House Mouse & Friends Mon. chall ..

smiles Christine x

Sue from Oregon said...

Thanks for joining our Lost and Found Challenge at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge!

Hello PJP! Love you hot pepper card! I am not a 'hot' food lover, but my coworkers would love this-the hotter the better! Super colors!

♥ Sue Kment

Tracy said...

Fab creation, thanks for joining House Mouse & Friends Monday challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Mousey Hugs
Tracy x