Thursday, March 27, 2014

Snarkalicious!

All Hail Me--the mighty Princess of Snark!
 
How ' bout them apples? I got honorable mention AKA Princess of Snark over at the  Sisterhood of Snarky Stamps blog.  I got this award for my loverly public service announcement warning people to not to accept false Leprechauns before them.  This was for their "P is for Paddy" challenge.
This time 'round the Snarky Sisters bring you the Letter F, with F being for Fancy Fold (that's actually a double F).  Everyone put their pinky in the air so they can be fancy!
Believe me, this card has several fancy folds in it. I'm not sure what this type of card is called so we'll call it the Fancy Fred Fold for triple F action.  A stamping buddy of mine saw this Fancy Fred Fold card online somewhere and figured it out how to duplicate it all by her little own self.  Her version was from a 7" x 9" piece of cardstock.  I thought that was a little too tall so I chopped mine down starting with a 6.25" x 9" paper.
I didn't really know how to take a photo of this card to show off the different folds, so you have a couple different views here so you can see the big picture.  Now I know you are wondering what is it that makes this card so snarky?  Lemme tell you! You know how some cards are made with love?!! Well, this card is made with germs, unhappy snotty germs.  So someone will get this sweet card in the mail that they think is filled with happy when really it's a biohazard.
The Fine Print: No seriously, I've totally caught the creeping crud.  Garden stamp by Great Impressions, greeting by Stampin' Up "Yipee Skippee" set, border punch by Martha, greeting die by Spellbinders "Labels 16," flowers by Prima and other stuff from my stash.

22 comments:

Irish Cherokee said...

congrats...I think. Well done card...I think. Cherokee wants to know if he will get toenail poisoning if he get one of your cards?

Sue said...

This is a fab card! huggles Sue x

Carol L said...

What a creative and beautiful card! I love the colors, papers and flowers! Good luck kicking that crud to the curb! Feel better soon!

Chris Dring said...

This is a fabulous flippin' fancy Fred fold card! HA! Say that three times fast! Thanks for joining us at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

jimlynn said...

Whoa! VERY pretty card! Love whatever kind of fold/cut that is and it made into a gorgeous card.
Big congrats on the win too. Well deserved.
Hope the germs decide to go elsewhere and you feel better soon.
Lynn

Donna said...

Muahhh ha ha ha ha love that your card is actually a biohazard in disguise!!! LOVE IT!!!
That is some serious triple F fancy Fred folding going on right there!!!
Thanks for coming back again this week to join the snarky sisterhood!

MaryH said...

Congrats on your Snarky recognition. That was very Snark of them to recognize the validity of your Leprechaun warning too. Loved your card. I've never attempted this kind of FFFold, but it's very pretty & intricate. Fancy your friend figuring out the fundamentals all by her own self. But you made all the decorating decisions, so you get some recognition too! Loved the DP and trims, but please do keep the biohazard stuff out your way! TFS such a pretty card (but not the germs) & happy wkend. I hope you feel better really soon. Can't be under the weather for spring ...which is coming...Sooon. I hope! Hugs

Janeen said...

oh i am so bowing down to the princess. how the world did she figure out how to make a folded card all by herself. i had trouble with one straight fold when i started. please don't send me your card. i had germs enough abounding this winter, besides all that snow, and cold, send it to someone in a warmer climate that gets all uppity and superior cuz their weather is warmer than ours. I have a cousin you could send it too. ah-choo

Wishcraft said...

Fab fold (I made one of these once, but can't remember what it was called!) and very pretty colours too, lovely card :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Leslie Hanna said...

Oh, well YAY for the win!

Also, that card is fab. It reminds me of Cindy's tri-shutter card here: http://thecraftyfrugalista.blogspot.com/p/tri-shutter-card-tutorial.html template and all.

Darnell said...

People are going to start talking about us, PJ! I've been out-of-sorts, minor sore throat since Tuesday and then yesterday I woke up with a head full of snot!! Yuckeroo.

But your card is not yucky. Your card is really fancy-pants folded fantastically!! Fred would be proud!! And I think you have anudder widder on youd handsss, 'choo!! Take care and get well soon!! Hugs, Darnell

Irene said...

Fabulous card Judy, brilliant folds and a super design. Love the design paper and little vase of flowers.
luv
irene
xxxx

Words and Pictures said...

That's some pretty Fancy Folding for an invalid... fabulous!
Alison x

Sue said...

I know you are the Princess, but there are times when you can be the Queen of Snarky. (That is NOT a complaint). I enjoy the snark. LOL!

Karen Schroeder said...

Congrats on being one of our Princesses! Your card is beautiful and folded quite fancifully. Thanks for joining our Snarky challenge with your Fabulous Fancy Fred Fold! Please don't send it to me...don't want any creeping crud!

Chelle (PhotoArt/MaybeCreative) said...

Great job. I find decorating fancy folds difficult.
Thanks for joining us at SoSS. Congrats on bring a princess.

Jessi Fogan said...

ewwwww, creeping crud. I feel for ya. I mean, not TOO closely because I don't want it, but you have my pity. Also, I love your alliteration, and the pinky in the air :)

Lee aka Violent Kittie said...

Sorry about the crud, Princess of Snark! We actually don't have to be snarky all the time. Your fancy fold is fantastic! Love the springy colors. Thanks for joining us again at SoSS

Lindsey said...

That is some very fine fancy folding, especially while your pinky was in the air and your head was full of gunk! Such pretty spring colours, too. Thanks for joining us at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

Barbara Godden said...

Wow great fancy fold card, i had trouble deciding on how to photgraph mine too. Awesome job.

Lee aka Violent Kittie said...

Congrats on the promotion to Queen of Snark!

Darnell said...

Yay, QJ!! You shall forever after be referred to as QJ and not PJ!! And you should know that because I have genetically curved little pinkies, it's a pain for me to type a Q! I only do that for YOU!

In all seriousness, your fancy fold card is out of this world and your coronation is well-deserved!! Hugs, Darnell