Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Hi Friend

I haven't feel like crafting recently so I haven't.  However, at one point I felt like maybe I should try to make something so I pulled out one of my many boxes of kits and found a whole pile of already completed cards.  I took that as I sign that I should send a letter to my friend, so I did that instead.
It is always a happy day when you find something in your mailbox that isn't a bill so I thought I'd brighten my friend's day with the above card.  I got my work day brightened by this postcard.
It came from a student of our who has had his/her fair share of troubles that apparently are still continuing as this postcard did indeed come from a  penal institution. If you don't know who Sheriff Joe is, he is worth a Google. He doesn't believe life should be cushy if you've been convicted of a crime (thus eliminating my old age retirement plan).

The Fine Print: Card from Club Scrap "Hopes" kit with a Stampin' Up embossing folder tossed into the mix. I was sad to see the name on the postcard as I thought that person was on the right track, yet the photo on the postcard made me smile because Sheriff Joe is such a character.  It doesn't surprise me that this is the postcard available for inmate use.

8 comments:

Bonnie said...

Honeycomb beats stripes! Your friend will have a much brighter day for receiving this!

chrissy xx said...

Super duper card for your friend PJ.
Never seen a postcard like this before.
Chrissyxx

KT Fit Kitty said...

Your blog posts always make me smile and this is no exception! I like you card and what fun to find it already finished! There's something about metallic paper that appeals to the tame crow in me! I like shiny things.

Craftychris said...

Fabulous card, I love it! Maybe the person who sent the postcard will learn this time and get on the right road! xxx

RosA said...

Well, I'm not getting distracted today, by googling Sheriff Joe, although the name rings a bell and I think we may have even heard about him here in Australia?!
I came by the other day and didn't have a chance to leave a comment because I was immediately on the hunt for that Very Cute Polar Bear stamp, which I am now lusting over! (Lusting over a stamp ... isn't that sad!) OK, the fine print says it's Stampin Up, no problem, they can be found anywhere, even here down under. So, google, google, ebay, ebay ... no success :( It appears to be discontinued, so if you ever get tired of yours, let me know :) :)

Carol L said...

Great card, and a fun postcard too! It's so sad to see someone take the wrong road, but hopefully there's still some hope for a good life ahead!

Sarn said...

It's always a good day when your post doesn't crash through the letterbox bill-laden! Happy Post is always a good reason to celebrate.

Good on ya for finding some cards and deciding to brighten someone's day with one of them.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Leslie Hanna said...

What a fun discovery! I tend to throw away most cards I find buried in the bowels of my crafty overflow. I have a lot of "WTH was I thinking?!" moments just before I trash them. But I agree that finding a home-made card in your mailbox along with the junk is always so nice!

And a post card from a prison? Clever idea. That Joe sounds like a real character.