Sunday, April 26, 2015

Butterflies and Lace

Every time Mrs. A hosts a butterfly challenge I check it out and think, "Well, yeah, I can make a card to fit that theme" and then promptly don't.  It's not that I have anything against Mrs. A or butterflies; it is just that time and I aren't good buddies.
This time around, however, I already had the pieces of this card lying around waiting to be put together. I had the card base, the word topper, the hunk of lace and the dimensional sticker all set aside. I knew the card lacked something and once I saw the L is for Lace challenge I knew what was missing was a butterfly!
Since that card was so quick and easy I decided to make another one. I have several cards pieced out that aren't put together because they all lack something.  In the case of this second card the thing it lacked was the lace.  Again, Mrs. A to the rescue!

The Fine Print: The majority of card parts from Club Scrap (yep, still slogging away at old kits) "Spring Chorus" supplemented with dimensional stickers from K and Co.  The hunk of lace was in my desk drawer. I think it fell out of a completely different kit.

10 comments:

Sarn said...

Oh well done that woman . . . you made TWO lovely cards and played in Mrs A's challenge. It's a happy day!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Bad Kitty said...

Gorgeous cards

Leslie Hanna said...

I love when a challenge trigger allows me to finish a card! I also have a *koff* drawer full of lace bits. Sometimes I even use them.

Craftychris said...

Two absolutely gorgeous cards! I meant to enter this butterflies with lace challenge but forgot! xxx

Carol L said...

These are both so beautiful, and the backgrounds are incredible!! I don't know which one I prefer, because they're both so amazing! Great job on both!

Liz said...

I'm glad you managed to find the time to enter Mrs A's challenge this time as both your cards are gorgeous! I especially love the beautiful backgrounds.
Liz - Butterfly Challenge #29 - Guest Designer xx

Mrs A. said...

Well I'mm glad I have been of some use. Lol. Both of these cards are fab.Love the backgrounds and love those butterflies. Thankyou for fluttering by my #29 challenge. Hugs Mrs A.

KT Fit Kitty said...

These are lovely! Anything with butterflies always catches my eye! Oh and cats too LOL!

Greta said...

Good for you, Judy--2 cards for Mrs. A! Lace is one of my favorite embellishments, even though I seldom seem to use it on cards. These are really beautiful!

Bonnie said...

Mrs. A will be delighted! Both of these are beautiful!