Sunday, October 11, 2015

Boo! Pop Up

I don't know the official name of this type of card. It is A2 size and when you pull the two ends in opposite directions a tab pops up from the inside with a greeting. Maybe it is just called a pop up card.

The card doesn't actually open so it spares you from having to write any greeting on it unless you want to put a few words on the back. I have a lot of H'ween embellishments so I've been trying to make a point of using them this year. This has bat punch outs, pumpkin and cat puffy stickers (the cat is on the other end and you can't see it in these photos), bat and spider eyelets, ribbon and a foam pumpkin.

The Fine Print: Witch stamp by Rubber Stampede and Boo! by A Muse Artstamps. The directions I had for this were all wrong--which is why it never worked when I tried previously--but luckily I also had a sample so I measured it up and figured out where the directions were wrong. I'm pretty smart for a girl, huh?!
 

12 comments:

Mrs A. said...

Love your witchy woo but don't let the cats see her! hugs Mrs A.

Sandy said...

The element of surprise. Great idea for a Halloween card.

Leslie Hanna said...

Thank you for trying all the interactive cards so I don't have to. And way to use up Halloween stickers and brads!

KT Fit Kitty said...

This is so cute and fun! I made one of these once and loved how it turned out - yours looks awesome too!

thecraftycavalier said...

Oooh, I like this a lot :-) Fab design - love that little pop up sentiment. Now all we need is a Princess Judy tutorial to teach us all how to make one :-) Love that little witchy too. Hugs, Jayne x

Janeen said...

Ikwym about using embellishments. Cute, very cute

Janeen said...

Ikwym about using embellishments. Cute, very cute

Carol L said...

She's a cutie whooshing away on her broom with her spider friends! I love the pop-up sentiment, and yes! You're smart! We'll leave the girl part out of that sentence, because all girls are smart to begin with, right?? :)

Greta said...

I'm so impressed--this is just darling

LesleyG said...

Fab card! I too had trouble making these from a template, so think you are very brave! Xxx

Bonnie said...

Very smart to figure out someone's mistake! Love all these fancy Halloween stickers and such and the witch! Great coloring!

Words and Pictures said...

She's a charmer... love that scraggly hair (hmm - like what I see when I look in the mirror, maybe that's why I like it!) and fab colourful outlet. Have you come across The Little Witch by Otfried Preussler - a favourite childhood book of mine - and this reminds me of it somehow.
Alison xx