Monday, February 15, 2016

Bent Out of Shape

Over at the Shopping Our Stash blog their latest and greatest challenge is called Bent Out of Shape. They are asking that you make a shaped card. Well, a rectangle is a shape but I know that isn't what they mean.
A zillion or so years ago a stamping friend sent me a card in the shape of a doghouse. I immediately traced it so I could duplicate it, which was probably highly illegal and I should be lounging in prison now getting three hots and cot (and cable TV) for free. I say that because she included a flyer about the company whose template it was and they suggested it could also be a birdhouse. I don't remember the company otherwise I would give them credit now, although a quick Google search shows dog house templates a'plenty. If you open the house all the way up, this is what it looks like.
The Fine Print: Dog stamp by DOTS, greeting stamp by Hero Arts, designer paper by DCWV (both the roof and the cut out flower and hydrant), bone punch by unknown, and of course, that contraband dog house template.

13 comments:

Carol L said...

What a fun shaped card, complete with a pooch and sentiment! Great idea!

Sandy said...

Oh my, way more folds than I first expected. It is cute. Mostly I'm impressed you found the template you drew ages ago.

Squirrel x said...

I hope the kitties haven't seen this! Awesome dog-house hun, illegal or not. Hugs xx Psst. It would also fit well with the current As You Like It challenge - shape or fold.

Craftychris said...

Ooh it's so cute! I love it! Are you allowed to craft in prison! I hope so or you may get bored! Tee hee! xxx

Sarn said...

I think this is FABULOUS. Good job on "keeping" the template. Your secret is safe with us PJ.

xxx

Donna said...

Three hots and a cot...LOL love that! Awesome doghouse, love the cute pup peeking out from inside! Thanks so much for playing along with the crew at SHOPPING OUR STASH for our "Bent Out of Shape" challenge!!

lauren bergold said...

oh my gosh, that is SOOOOOOO COOOOOOOL! i'm glad you showed it opened up, too, b/c the fancy fold thing is really neat, too. and of course you could not find a cuuuuuuuuuuuter dog house ANYWHERE... in or out of "the big house" lol! :) thanks for SHOPPING YOUR (shaped!) STASH with us this week! ♥♥♥

KT Fit Kitty said...

I love this! I find shaped cards way too challenging. This looks amazing! I can see how it could also be a birdhouse but the door would have to be a little circle. I like it as a dog house! The little fire hydrant and bones are perfect!

Barbara Godden said...

Wowsers, what a fun shaped card, Thanks for taking the challenge at Shopping Our stash.

kiwimeskreations said...

What a fun card Judy - and tut tut on tracing the template ;-), but I must say you have put it to fabulous use.'
Blessings
Maxine

Greta said...

So, so cute! Glad you're not in prison!

Barb said...

Hi Judy, this is a great card. I've done similar as a birdhouse. Would never have thought of a dog kennel. Barbxx

chrissy xx said...

Really impressed with this GORgeous creation! LOve your little dog and so much fun how it opens up.
Chrissyxx