Thursday, July 28, 2016

Basically Not Gray

I thought I'd share a couple more cards from that Basic Gray kit I played with a bit ago. I used to go ga-ga over Basic Gray and couldn't wait to snatch up their card kits as soon as they came out (back in the good old days when we had a scrapbook store in town). Of course, all I ever did with them was hoard them, but I still enjoyed having them around. Now, however, it is time to use them.

I'm really sleepy today. I kept getting woke up by the rain last night. Usually I can sleep through rain but not when it sounds like Niagra Falls is coming down on your house. That's when your body wakes up and says, "Maybe you should build an ark and load the cats two by two." That would leave an odd cat out. That's no good, especially if it was the odd cat. I kinda like him.
The Fine Print: Basic Gray card kit, sorry I don't remember the name of the collection. Does BG even still exist? I've heard rumors...

8 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

What great cards Princess J - looks as though you are getting some good crafting time in despite the rain keeping you awake. Hmm, don't leave to odd cat out - you would miss him. - we have had rain like that the past 24 - 48 hours too - but cold and windy with it.
Blessings
Maxine

Carol L said...

I too hoarded BG papers, and the purple background on the 2nd card was a piece I hoarded for eons too! It's gone now *sniff sniff* but I loved the dsps from that collection SOOOOO much! Great designs on both cards!

Carol L said...

BTW, I think Basic Grey is out of business now, and this collection may have been called Wisteria?

Greta said...

Oh you made me laugh..again! Beautiful cards, Judy! I think they may be out of business, which is sad, but since I have enough to start my own BG store it surely won't hurt me--haha!

LesleyG said...

Empathize......I am always sleepy......great BG makes even so.....don't know what you mean about hoarding stuff.....I just collect it :)

Janeen said...

ooo, pretty, it says lake side to me. one year my daughter and i were by lake MI shore line and we saw a hatch of dragon flies. they were everywhere. it was so cool. this reminds me of that day, therefore you have done an excellent job in capturing reality.

Fikreta said...

so pretty cards!
have a nice day
hugs

Bonnie said...

Pretty kit cards! Glad the rain didn't wash all of you away!