Friday, July 1, 2016

Celebrate Freedom!

And celebrate that is is Friday!


Our department is having a BBQ lunch with potluck sides in honor of Independence Day and because it is Friday which is slow because it is summer school time. There is an international component to our school and it was suggested that we invite some international students so they could partake in a real American tradition.

Except for that we are having Sonoran Dogs, which is a Mexican street dog, and by that I mean a Mexican version of a hot dog, not that we are eating chihuahuas. That's probably not a real American tradition except in this city on this side of town.

The Fine Print: Stamps by Taylored Expressions, designer paper by DCWV, vellum and star eyelets from my stash. Srly, try this Sonoran Dog thing. You'll be glad you did. Start with a traditional Mexican bolillio bun or lacking that one of those fancy thick bakery hot dog buns, add some pinto beans, a regular old hot dog wrapped in a strip of bacon, some diced tomato, some diced onion, mustard, mayo, and jalapeno sauce (or not if you're not from these parts). 

11 comments:

Craftychris said...

Fabulous card! I want to try the yummy Mexican Street Dog - it looks gorgeous! I can handle the chilli sauce too! have a fab day xxx

Sandy said...

That's one yummy looking dog.
I like the card and admire greatly the fact that you dug out your eyelet setter for it.

Words and Pictures said...

I shouldn't think chihuahuas make very good eating - too scrawny. The Mexican street dog looks very tasty though... and I love the bold simplicity of your 4th July card, especially the little starry trio in the corner. Sorry to have missed so much again lately. I've got a couple of weeks coming up soon where I hope to do some proper catching up.
Alison x

Karen Dunbrook said...

great card....
hugs,
K

Squirrel x said...

Have I missed something, isn't your celebration a little early? Love your patriotic card hun, but I am so glad I have already eaten as otherwise I may be licking my screen..... Huggles xx

Carol L said...

What a cool patriotic card! I love every single detail on this impressive card! Although I've owned 2 chihuahuas, I've never heard of a Sonoran dog - but YUM!!

Greta said...

So glad you're not eating Chihuahuas--& gotta say, I think I'll stick with a good ol' hamburger--haha! Your card is fabulous--love it!

Fikreta said...

great card!

oh this looks yummi!
Bad Kitty's Craftroom

LesleyG said...

Happy Independence Day, that dog looks far too hot for me, we are not used to the heat in the UK, much cooler climate teehee, but you have made me hungry still xxx

Bonnie said...

Love this patriotic card, PJ! And that's quite a hot dog! No sides needed!

AJ Bodine said...

Oh I love this! So bold and patriotic. And now I'm hungry.