Friday, July 8, 2016

Never Judge a Book by Its Movie

Because as any good reader knows the movie will be sorely lacking. They also say never judge a book by its cover art, which is very true. I've been reading a series of political thriller type novels and one of the series had this unfortunate cover of a shirtless man and woman in a clinched embrace that looked like it belonged on a romance novel (gak). It was extra unfortunate because the man looked like Chevy Chase, the comedienne, making it look like it might be a comedy and not the high intrigue it was.



The Fine Print: Card bases, card toppers, and cardstock by Club Scrap. Embossing folder by Paper Salon, Inkwell and Quill dies by Cheery Lynn, and photo corners by Recollections.

7 comments:

Greta said...

These are great, Judy! I really love the second one & isn't that quote the truth!

Sandy said...

Truth. I like the owl bookplate almost as much as the cat one.

Carol L said...

Great cards, all of them! Now I'm going to put this silly housework aside and go pick up a good book! Thanks for the inspiring tip to eliminate that dreaded housework! LOL

LesleyG said...

Lovely collections of book based cards, cat one is my fave, but all are interesting, and makes me realise how much I miss reading, I should make time for it again. Tfs xxx

kiwimeskreations said...

Love these Princess J - great strong colours, with wonderful images, die cuts and words - love the one about nothing beating a good book when there is housework waiting.... been there done that, followed by a flat panic!!
Blessings
Maxine

Fikreta said...

great cards my friend!
have a nice day
hugs

stampingbowd said...

OH, wow! LOVE these!!! Cat lover here so you know I love those! Book lover here so I love them all!!! :) Great sentiments. Hmmmm loved your story about the book cover gone wrong! Weird.