Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Rudolph Days

Just this morning I was bemoaning that August isn't over with yet but that's a good thing because that gives me time to squeak in a card for Rudolph Days. I've had this random piece of plaid paper on my desk for weeks so I thought I'd use that and this birdie stamp was on the top of my Christmas stash. I thought about adding die cut pine boughs or some sort of flourish to this card but I decided to keep it simply simple (KISS) instead.
Dio wanted you to know that he was very helpful in making this card as he worked on his supervisory skills. He even got another underling to come and help me tie the bow. He here is posing with my card. That's my Copic marker bin that Dio is sitting on. It's become his favorite place to hang out, which makes it hard to color.
The Fine Print: Birdie stamp by Penny Black, designer paper by DCWV, gold embroidery floss from my stash, and dies by Spellbinders. 

15 comments:

Barb said...

Dio looks very proud of his work Judy. He's got a lovely thick soft looking furry coat.

A very sweet card. The robin is really cute. Barbxx

scrappymo! said...

This is a sweet keep it simple card. That robin is so lovely and the bow the kitty helped with is pretty.
Thanks for taking part in the Aug Rudolph Days Challenge.

Carol L said...

That's such a cute image, and you colored the stocking to perfectly match the plaid dsp! Winner winner - catfish dinner! (for Dio) :)

Stacy Sheldon said...

I think his face say's don't even think about coloring... :)

Fikreta said...

very nice card
and so cute kitty
Fiki 🐈

Sandy said...

Well done, Dio. Princess Judy doesn't play in the Rudolph challenge all the time, so it's good to know you supervised her closely enough for her to enter this month.

Janeen said...

The image is so cute you were instinctively correct in not detracting from it. Great card and cute mention of the kitties.

LesleyG said...

Cute Robin card, like the gold twine too. Perhaps you should let handsome Dio play with your copics, as reward for supervising xxx

Donna said...

Oh, plaid paper. I love it! And Christmas plaid is even better. Such a cute little bird! I just visited 2 of my grand kitties for the first time last week. One of them has the same coloring as your kittie. Thanks for playing along with Rudolph Days!

Greta said...

What a sweet card--love the PB image & your coloring! Glad Dio let you get into the Copics! He certainly has the look of a great supervisor!

Sarn said...

Way to go on using up something that was lazing around on your desk (and I DON'T mean Dio!) . . . I'm referring to the plaid paper! LOVE that robin stamp. Great card.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Karen Dunbrook said...

super cute card...
I really need to get my act together and get some cards made!
Thanks for inspiring.
hugs,
K

Dr Sonia S V said...

Such a cute robin
Thank you so much for joining us at the Rudolph day Challenge!
Rudolph Days Challenge DT
Dr Sonia

cotnob said...

A pretty Christmas card Judy, lovely plaid paper.
Pauline
x
My Personal Blog: Crafting with Cotnob

kiwimeskreations said...

Fabulous card Princess J - love the sparkly bow, and so glad that you were well supervised by Dio and co. He is such a handsome boy!!
Blessings
Maxine