Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Hi Ho, Hi Ho

I may have shared this story with you before, but you'll just have to hear it again. Once upon a time within the last decade I took a Intermediate Algebra class. I got permission from work to adjust my schedule so I could take it in the middle of the day. You know who takes college classes in the middle the day????  College-aged students, that's who.
So there I was, the only old crusty person in the who class, surrounded by wet-behind-the-ears young 'uns. One day before class I was listening to the young lad next to me telling his friend this tale:
You know, you start kindergarten at age 5, then from there you go into elementary school. Then it's straight to junior high and high school. You graduate high school and jump right into college. Here I am in my second year of college, so I've been going to school every year of my life for the last fifteen years! 
Wow! I thought, "Holy crow!" I went straight from college to working at the college. That means I've been going to school every year of my life for the last *mumble*mumble* years of my life! That's like, an awful lot of school.

The Fine Print: *mumble*mumble* roughly translates to 44 years these days. Stamp and punches by Stampin' Up, designer paper from The Paper Cut, ribbon from my stash. Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to school I go, with razor blades and hand grenades, hi ho, hi ho!

10 comments:

cotnob said...

A super card Judy, a fabulous school theme.
Pauline
x

Fikreta said...

great card!
hugs
Fiki

KT Fit Kitty said...

That's a funny story! Your school card is so cute! Love your papers!

okienurse said...

awesome school talk and school card. I roll on the floor when I hear the kids talk like that. Imagine me at 64 sitting in a class with a lot of youngsters and them wanting to know why I was there at my age….I told them I had failed it every time I had taken it and I kept persevering…I would eventually pass it. One girl wanted to know how many times I had taken it? I asked her including the first time? yes she said…about 20 or so. I really had them going! Hope you have a great week Judy! Vickie #4

Carol L said...

I don't know what I'd do without the fine print in your blog posts! Not only is that a great back-to-school card, the reference to razor blades and grenades cracked me up! It's really not funny in this day and age but I'm still smirking :) Love that story too!

kiwimeskreations said...

Mumble, mumble Princess J - love your story, and the card is wonderful!!
Blessings
Maxine

Barb said...

Lovely anecdote Judy. Again you made me smile. I love your school themed card and he's such a sweet little lad. Barbxx

Irish Cherokee said...

Love the card and the story. I know the feeling of being the New student in the class. LOL. In my case It was 50+ old and gray haired. Sheesh!

Hugs and Blessings,
Jim

Greta said...

Funny story & darling card, Judy!

Bonnie said...

Wow! That's a lot of school, PJ! Love the sweet image! That's what we looked like when I started school. Well my brother. I had on a dress. Girls weren't allowed to wear anything but dresses to school. That was in the dark ages.