Sunday, June 25, 2017

Patriotic Pig - TTT03

It's time to play Tic Tac Toe again. This time I went for a diagonal flight from the top to the bottom. My card base is blue, I've wrapped twine (and tied a persnickety bow) and I laid many many rectangular wood planks onto my card.
I was inspired by a card I saw where wood grain paper had been cut into planks and placed on the card. I thought I'd change that up but using different colored and textured woods for mine in patriotic red, white, and blue.

Once my card was done I thought it was rather ridiculous, but in the way that makes you laugh and puts a smile on your face. I call that a win!

Speaking of winning, did you see that I was chosen as a Designer Pick for my last TTT entry? How cool is that!
The Fine Print: Piggy from Stampin' Up (This Little Piggy), designer paper by My Mind's Eye (on the bright side, dies by Stampin' Up and Spellbinders, twine from my stash.

16 comments:

Carole J said...

Great card, Judy. Love the patriotic wood effect! x

Carol L said...

How fun is that piggy card with all those great wooden planks! I especially like the cool way you adorned the envelope too! Congrats on winning the TTT - I scrolled back to see and it's a beauty, so worthy of special notice!!

Rosanne Mulhern said...

A patriotic pig...how fun! And it did put a smile on my face, too! Thanks for playing along with the Tic Tac Toe challenge this week.

Sarn said...

Congrats on being picked by TTT. Well deserved.

Loving this cute little piggy card with his variety of planks!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Fikreta said...

very sweet card!
hugs!

Barb said...

First Congratulations on your recent win Judy. I love your cute little pig. It's a very sweet card. Barbxx

Greta said...

Congrats on the win, Judy! This does put a smile on my face & I love the matching envelope!

Bonnie said...

Love the red, white and blue woodgrain, PJ! That cute pig looks like he likes it too!

Unknown said...

Can I say cutie and you have him celebrating the 4th of July. So happy to have you join in the fun this week over on the Tic Tac Toe challenge this week.

Shannon Jaramillo said...

What a fun way to change up an inspiration! That is one patriotic pig! and I love your "persnickety" bow!! Thanks for playing along with the Tic Tac Toe Challenge this week! XX

Peggy Noe said...

Congratulations Judy on your win last week!! Your patriotic pig is SO adorable!! What a great card for this week! Love the colored wood planks. Thank you for joining us again for the Tic Tac Toe Challenge!

Karen Dunbrook said...

super cute..adorable little piggie, the barnboard is just the perfect finishing touch.
xx Karen

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Oh my goodness, this is too cute!

cotnob said...

A super card Judy, such a great idea.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

stampingbowd said...

I think it's adorable! Very clever using the wood planks!!! Cute pig!!! I love the way you added wood to the envie too! Nice set!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a sweetie Princess J - love the wood-grained background. And congrats on your designer pick at TTT
Blessings
Maxine