Sunday, September 17, 2017

You Make My Heart Sing

Awhile ago I ran across a card I made in a class back in the early aughts. I decided I needed to try out the technique in it again and this card was born.

It is called a grid collage. You make it by stamping some focal stamp in the middle of a piece of glossy paper. Then you use a piece of scrap paper to sponge borders around it. I used two different colors here--same color family, one lighter than the other. Then you block off each area and stamp in it.

It looks cooler if you stamp large collage style stamps in each area, but I don't have collage style stamps because collage isn't my thing. It has taken me years to come to realization. I still like how this came out.

I sent it to a friend for a "blast from the past" swap where you had to use an old stamp or old technique. These stamps are from the early 2000s as well. Once my partner received my card she said that she remember this technique from back in the day. Maybe it will make a comeback.

The Fine Print: Greeting by Rubbernecker, safari animals by Stampin' Up, inks by Memento.

4 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Love that technique Princess J and you have used it to great effect on this stunning card
Blessings
Maxine

Sarn said...

Cool technique PJ. Nice to revisit older stuff.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

cotnob said...

A fabulous card Judy, such a fabulous technique.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Fikreta said...

Very nice card!
hugs